httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wouter van Vliet" <wou...@springt.nl>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .htaccess
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:40:22 GMT
Daniel probably meant: "note the leading dot" instead of "not" .. it's kinda
to very important :P

  _____

From: Daniel Clarke - JASWW [mailto:dclarke@jasww.com]
Sent: maandag 10 november 2003 16:57
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess

Hi Dayne
Create a file called .htaccess (not the leading dot) and put it in the
directory that your customer 404 should apply to.

In the file, put:
      ErrorDocument 404 /path/to/error404.html
Note that the path to the error file has a slash at the beginning
You could also use
      ErrorDocument 404 /error404.html

Note also that this error404.html should NOT have any protection on it!

Make sure that your ISP or sys admin has allowed you to use custom .htaccess
docs.