httpd-users mailing list archives

From S D <subscrt...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache-Weblogic plug-in problem
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 07:38:44 GMT
This problem is abount Weblogic plug-in for Apache.
Since many Apache users are likely to have used this,
I'm posting this msg to this mailing list.

I'm facing some problem while configuring Weblogic
server's plug-in for Apache server. I think I've
missed out something in Apache configuration. If
anyone has done a similar config, can you help about
the this ?

The configuration is : Apache 2.0 , Weblogic 7.0, Win
2000

I installed the Apache plug-in for as described in
Weblogic docs, but when I try to access a URL
/weblogic/ ( supposed to be configured automatically )
on Apache, I get '404 : file not found' error.

As per the docs, I did following config in Apache:

1. Copied the 'mod_wl_20.so' file found in
WLHOME\server\bin directory to the APACHE_HOME\modules
directory

2.  Added to httpd.conf :
LoadModule weblogic_module     modules/mod_wl_20.so

3.  Apache httpd.conf syntax correct : checked by
running ' APACHE_HOME\bin\Apache -t '

4. Restarted WL & Apache.

Now, the weblogic documentation says,

"Test the Apache plug-in by opening a browser and
setting the URL to the Apache Server + "/weblogic/",
which should bring up the default WebLogic Server HTML
page, welcome file, or default servlet, as defined for
the default Web Application on WebLogic Server. For
example:

http://myApacheserver.com/weblogic/".

For my server, 'http://localhost/weblogic/' - I get a
"404 : file not found" error.

What other configuration is needed in Apache? Do I
have to specify '/weblogic/' name anywhere else in
Apache configuration file ? Is any other configuration
required to get the module working ?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks,