httpd-users mailing list archives

From gcxp detail <gcxp2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.48 SHA encryption authentication not working
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 00:53:21 GMT
Hi Josh

thanks for reply.

yes , i am no expert in Apache. I just copied .htaccess from working system which has apache
1.3

this new system has apache 2.0.48. i tried removing the lines u asked for , but still it doesn't
work. password file created using htpasswd -s ( SHA )

AuthUserFile /usr/local/www/etc/apache2.pwd
AuthType basic
AuthName "Private Area"
#<Limit GET POST>
#    Order Allow,Deny
#    Allow from 192.168.0.0/16
#    Deny from 192.168.64.0/21
    Require valid-user
#</Limit>

Does SHA doesn't work with Apache 2  ?

I get error

[Sun Nov 09 16:45:20 2003] [error] [client 192.168.4.121] user guest: authentication failure
for "/private.php": Password Mismatch

if i remove htaccess , SSL works fine

any suggestion

thanks
Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, gcxp detail wrote:
> I have setup Apache 2.0.48 with SSL support. Everything works fine
> except user authentication. I have created password file using
>
> htpasswd -s
>
> my apache config file uses
>
> AuthUserFile /usr/local/UserPwd
> AuthType basic
> AuthName "Private Area"
>

> Require valid-user
>

> I tried logging in with correct user and password , but it doesn't
> allow me to login. SSL works fine , if i comment Auth parameter in
> apache config.
>
> Please advise

By the fact that you use
, I can tell that you haven't
read the docs. So I would start there. (The
and
lines should be ommitted!).

Next, check the error log and see what it says.

Joshua.