httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Newbe: virtual host setup
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:04:39 GMT
Jørund Skriubakken wrote:
> Hmm... seems like a good try. But it is not still working for me,
> maybe because I have also setup a workers2.properties file
> (in .../http/conf) inwich forwards all requests to Jetty through a
> AJP1.3/JK2 connection.
>
> Maybe the rules in workers2.properties is executed before
> httpd.conf.. anyone knows?

I do not. How about stripping that stuff, and run a clean Apache, while
getting this working? It would reduce the number of possible points of
failure, and give valuable clues as to why it doesn't work.

I would first attempt to set Apache up to only allow connections on the
private interface, then make Apache listen to the public interface (while
denying serving contents). After that, adding a VirtualHost that is bound to
all interfaces.

Another simple, if applicable, solution is:

    <VirtualHost 192.0.0.2>
        ServerName private-site
        <Directory /path/to/private/site>
            Order Deny,Allow