httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gunivortus Goos <Gunivortus.G...@boudicca.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Path problem
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 17:00:21 GMT
Hello,

couldn't find an answer on my path problem, hoping, I'll get it here.

I'm running Apache (Latest AppServ) under Windows XP Pro, installed at:
c:\AppServ
My downloads for visitors are on a different partition, therefore I added
to my httpd.conf:
    Alias /downloads/ "e:/ftp/magic/deutsch/"
This works.
But those downloadfiles should be paswordprotected, so I placed in that
directory a .htaccess file. The path in it to the AuthUserFile is:
    AuthUserFile c:\appserv\apache\bin\password.txt
This fails, the path isn't seen. I tried also slashes in stead of backslashes,
but that didn't help.

could someone help me to solve this?

--
Best regards,