httpd-users mailing list archives

From "PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" <bp3...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] RE: Directory not closed error :--Pl. help:
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:18:52 GMT
Thanks :

I need to access from security server where non authorized users have common
form and info: If this changes local file will be out of sync.Thats what I
am struggling for 3 days.

Thanks
Pinni

-----Original Message-----
From: Jez Hancock [mailto:jez.hancock@munk.nu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 4:09 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] RE: Directory not closed error :--Pl. help:

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 02:25:41PM -0600, PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI) wrote:
> This is what I see if I restart with \ removed.???
> Syntax error on line 1155 of /opt/hpws/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> ErrorDocument takes two arguments, Change responses for HTTP errors
<snip>
Why don't you just place the HTML for the errordoc in a file?

file /opt/hpws/apache/htdocs/401.html:
-start-
<head>
<title>Error logging in</title>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
window.location="http://xxxxxxx.xxx.com:82/error.html";
</script>
</head>
<h1> Sorry, no go!!!!
</h1>
-end-

and then just use:

<Directory "/opt/hpws/apache/htdocs">
	AuthType Basic
	AuthName "RoboTask Password Required"
	AuthUserFile /opt/hpws/apache/passwd/passwords
	AuthGroupFile /opt/hpws/apache/conf/groups
	require group 272users
	ErrorDocument 401 401.htm
</Directory>

Looking at the documentation for ErrorDocument you should be able to use
HTML though - try removing all the newlines and '\' chars from the
ErrorDocument line so the HTML is all one one line enclosed with quotes.
Still think putting the HTML in a file is a better way to go though
unless there's a good reason not to.

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer