httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Gonzalez <dgonza...@rafastd.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Compiling with SSSL support!
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 23:47:24 GMT
Hello David,

Saturday, November 15, 2003, 6:09:10 PM, you wrote:

DG> Hello users,

DG>   I've done this to compile Apache 2.0.48 with SSL support.

DG> ./configure                     \
DG> --prefix=/wwwroot               \
DG> --enable-mods-shared=all        \
DG> --enable-modules="deflate ssl"  \
DG> --disable-ipv6                  \

DG> And also like this:

DG> ./configure                     \
DG> --prefix=/wwwroot               \
DG> --enable-mods-shared=all        \
DG> --enable-ssl-shared             \
DG> --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl       \
DG> --enable-deflate-shared         \

DG> Both of the above compile the source right,  generate my certificates,
DG> and copy them to the correct place. I start the server with apachecstl
DG> startssl  and  it  starts.  But when i try https://localhost i get the
DG> "Not Found" page.

DG> What  seems  very  straneg to me is the fact that it does not complain
DG> bout anything ssl-related it starts nice.

DG> What am i doing wrong?.

DG> Thanks for the tips or good Apache2 compile howto yu can tell me.

Answer to myself and to thers having the same issue:

I  screwed up and down all the way but finally rememberd i used MM and
EAPI  variables  when i first started messing with Apache 1.3.2x and i
added  those lines at the very begining of my compile script (the ones
showed above) and it did work.

I'd  like  to  write  some kinda FAQ or HOW-TO on compiling Apache2 on
*NIX so people don't get confussed when it comes to SSL and such.

My  script  no  looks  like this and https://www.skynetbbs.org/ now is
SSL'ed :)

#!/bin/bash
EAPI_MM="/usr/local/mm-1.3.0" SSL_BASE="/usr/local/ssl" \
./configure                     \
--prefix=/wwwroot               \
--enable-mods-shared=all        \
--enable-modules="deflate ssl"  \
--disable-ipv6                  \

It now works, just remember to have MM and SSL installed properly ...

C'ya

--
Best regards,
 David                            mailto:dgonzalez@rafastd.org