httpd-users mailing list archives

From Don <dnrli...@san.rr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache "forbidden" error accessing my mrtg files
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:28:26 GMT
Kyle,
The permission are 755.... but I discovered that by using a different
symbolic link name, it now works...

where I used to have mrtg --> home/mrtg/html
I now have mrtgstats --> home/mrtg/html

note: there is a directory called /var/www/mrtg as well as /var/www/html

It seems having a symbolic link with the same name as a directory at the
same level as the "DocumentRoot" directory causes a problem.

Don