httpd-users mailing list archives

From hunter <theanti...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Chris Lewis - Upgrade Problems
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2003 17:33:45 GMT
On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 11:54, Dayne wrote:
> Yes, 192.168.1.1 brings me to my router settings.
>
> I typed in port 80 to forward to 192.168.1.2 (my address on my router).
>     Is that not where it should be directed to?
>
> -Dayne

Dayne,

If your web server is using the ip address 192.168.1.2 then this would
be correct.

I do not understand why you would get your router settings by using your
domain name, nor do I understand why other users get a white page.

Have you tried putting 192.168.1.2 in your browser ... does this access
your web server? Do you have another machine locally that you can
confirm that your web server is still ok?

I would be inclined to take the router out and see if the problem goes
away ... at least you would know if it was the router that is a problem.
Then you might get better help from Linksys.

Upgrading the rom on your router should not affect your Apache other
than to not route traffic to it - where the fault lies in the router not
the Apache.

Chris.