httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Rép. : Re: [users@httpd] Hello all , right now im stuck with a strange problem and iwould appreciate any he
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 04:51:54 GMT
Jonathan Martineau wrote:
> "URL encode that filename"  What do you mean? you mean renaming
> the filename remplacing "é" with "%e9" ?

It is related to whatever is generating the HTML that includes the link.
What is generating the HTML?

The problem is that the character in question might have different ASCII
value, depending on character set. When opening (the text file) in Internet
Explorer it might get the right encoding, while, when it is sent to Acrobat
Reader, it might get the wrong encoding, or it doesn't encode it at all, or
perhaps double-encode it.

It may work if you could make sure the character set is correct in the
headers of the response that includes the link, but I don't know.

> or is it something related with mod_rewrite ?

No. Although, you might be able to fix bad requests with mod rewrite.

Another possible workaround is to use mod_speling.

Regards,
Robert Andersson