httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Clarke - JASWW" <dcla...@jasww.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] WinXP multiple process problem
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:36:33 GMT
Hi Paul
On windows I have always seen two "Apache" processes running in the task manager.
I do not consider it a problem.
See the attached, my XP machine has two too, both both are using nearly no memory (but have
no clients though).
As for hogging CPU, I don't know.  Are you getting a lot of clients or a lot of dynamic content
being requested? Have you got apache set up to do lots of work (reverse DNS look ups / rules
/ rewriting etc) for each request?
Daniel

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul Cormier
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 5:30 PM
  Subject: [users@httpd] WinXP multiple process problem

  Hi.
  I'm running the latest (2.0.48) version of Apache webserver, and I get two processes running
in Task Manager.  One of them is consuming as much of my CPU time as it can.  I'm not sure
why.
  It hasn't been doing this all along, but I don't know what I changed.  I've seen a few other
people who have this problem, but I have yet to see a solution.  Hopefully one of you can
help me.
  Also, I have two network cards, both get their IP using DHCP.

  Thanks,
  Paul

This email has been scanned for all viruses by MDaemon PRO v6.8.4 R
on Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:36:33 -0000 and found to contain no infected
attachments. The virus list was updated on Tue 2003-11-11 17:30:54