httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Cormier" <p_corm...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] WinXP multiple process problem
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:44:29 GMT
No, no requests.  It's a very low traffic server in the first place.
And I don't experience much of a slowdown in Windows otherwise.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Paul
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Daniel Clarke - JASWW
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 12:36 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] WinXP multiple process problem

  Hi Paul
  On windows I have always seen two "Apache" processes running in the task manager.
  I do not consider it a problem.
  See the attached, my XP machine has two too, both both are using nearly no memory (but have
no clients though).
  As for hogging CPU, I don't know.  Are you getting a lot of clients or a lot of dynamic
content being requested? Have you got apache set up to do lots of work (reverse DNS look ups
/ rules / rewriting etc) for each request?
  Daniel