httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John Doumani" <fug...@comcast.net>
Subject [users@httpd] wampp 2.1 vitrual host issues prevent server from starting
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 20:10:21 GMT
Hello,.

I recently upgraded my server from apache 2.0.47 running on Windows 2000
professional to the wampp2 configuration running on Windows XP professional.
The components include:

  + Apache 2.0.45
  + MySQL 4.0.12
  + PHP 4.3.2-RC1 + PEAR
  + Perl 5.8.0
  + mod_php 4.3.1
  + mod_perl 1.99
  + mod_ssl 2.0.44
  + openssl 0.9.7a

I can get MySQL and Apache to start when  the "NameVirtualHost *" command is
commented out and I haven't added the Virtual Host containers but when
uncommment the command and add in the virtual containers (listed below),
apache pukes this error:

virtualHost _default_:443 -- mixing * ports and non-* ports with a
NameVirtualHost address is not supported. Proceeding with undefined results

A little more about my configuration: Domain registrar is pointing to my
external IP and the router config is
forwarding to the internal IP of the machine for ports 80 and 443.

In httpd.conf  I've got the server listening at these ports:

Listen 192.168.1.102:80
Listen 443

I copied the virtual host containers directly from my old httpd.conf file
that I used on the previous install of apache. They worked fine before.

ANY IDEAS???  -John

Here are the containers:

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin my_mail@comcast.net
    DocumentRoot "C:/wampp2/apache/domain1"
    ServerName domain1.net
    ServerAlias www.domain1.net
    <Directory "C:/wampp2/apache/domain1">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews Includes
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </Directory>
    ErrorLog logs/domain1.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/domain1.com-access_log common env=!nolog
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin my_mail@comcast.net
    DocumentRoot "C:/wampp2/apache/domain2"
    ServerName domain2.org
    ServerAlias www.domain2.org
    <Directory "C:/wampp2/apache/domain2">
      Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews Includes
      AllowOverride None
      Order allow,deny
      allow from all
    </Directory>
    ErrorLog logs/domain2.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/domain2.com-access_log common env=!nolog
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin my_mail@comcast.net
    DocumentRoot "C:/wampp2/apache/domain3"
    ServerName domain3.com
    ServerAlias www.domain3.com
    <Directory "C:/wampp2/apache/domain3">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews Includes
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </Directory>
    ErrorLog logs/domain3.com-error_log
   CustomLog logs/domain3.com-access_log common env=!nolog
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin my_mail@comcast.net
    DocumentRoot "C:/wampp2/apache/domain4"
    ServerName domain4.com
    ServerAlias www.domain4.com
    <Directory "C:/wampp2/apache/domain4">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Multiviews Includes
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    </Directory>
    ErrorLog logs/domain4.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/domain4.com-access_log common env=!nolog
</VirtualHost>