httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] why
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 02:20:53 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "SWIT" <mark@s-wit.net>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 8:59 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] why

> but from OCT 26 ? and now getting them email about them ?
> Thats 11 days. Even the post office insn't that slow.

I'm not an ezmlm admin but I can understand or at least make an educated
guess of what it did and why, based on the message it tells us.

> Messages to you from the users mailing list seem to
> have been bouncing. I've attached a copy of the first bounce
> message I received.
>
> If this message bounces too, I will send you a probe. If the probe
bounces,
> I will remove your address from the users mailing list,
> without further notice.
>
> I've kept a list of which messages from the users mailing list have
> bounced from your address.

[list of 36 IDs]

It noticed some problems, so it kept track of it and decided to do some
testing.  Smart design, why bother over transient errors which will
inevitably happen, but don't outright ignore errors either.  It did some
testing.  Maybe it took a few days for the testing, waiting to see if the
mailbox opened up, and some went through ok, and maybe some more failed.
Eventually it decided something was wrong and tried to send you a message
about it.

Leif