httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David" <amdaw...@starhub.net.sg>
Subject [users@httpd] Authentication System does not work everytime computer restarts
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 17:34:23 GMT
Hi guys,

I have a question. I managed to get basic authentication for my HTTP
server up and running.
However, I notice that everytime I restart my server (or I restart my
computer), the authentication does not work anymore.

It will only work if I re- create the .htpasswd file again. I wonder why
is this so.

I am current using

<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/SMA6306">

#AuthUserFile "C:\.htpasswd"
#AuthName "This is a protected server hosted by David Wong"
#AuthType Basic
#Require valid-user

            Options None
            AllowOverride AuthConfig
</Directory>

I believe using AuthConfig will allow me to use my password file without
always having to re-create it everytime I restart my server.

Many thanks for your time and attention and all advice and help will be
most appreciated.

Regards
David