httpd-users mailing list archives

From Larry McFarlane <LMcFarl...@tconl.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] java applets were working now not working ???
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:50:55 GMT
CJ,

Here a some things to look for...

1.  Since your user name is unix1adm, I'm assuming you made sure the files
in your new virtual host have the appropriate user rights assigned.
2.  On the HTML page that is defining the applet, make sure the reference
to the applet is pointing to the url of your new virtual host.
3.  When developing in Java, one develops the file in a simple text file
with a .java extension.  After, the developer has to compile the text file
which creates the class file.  Look in the original .java source to see if
there is any "hardcoding" of your original hostname in the actual source.
4.  If this is an applet that is talking to a servlet, you have to make
sure that your Java Application Environment has the new VH defined in
server.xml.
5.  Finally, if you download the Java Plugin, there's a little Java guy
that appears in your system tray everytime a Java applet loads.  Clicking
on the little buddy will display a java console that will output errors
that may help point you in the right direction.

-