httpd-users mailing list archives

From Larry Coffin <lcof...@PointInfinity.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_disk_cache cleanup?
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:00:13 GMT
At 12:17 PM -0400 10/20/03, Jonas Eckerman wrote:

>>     Is anyone out there using mod_disk_cache? What do you do for
>> cleaning up/managing the cache?
>
>You write a script that is called by "cron" to clean it up.

	Ok, that's what I suspected needed to be done.

>Check if
>the system you're using has any utilities for cleaning up temp files
>(tmpwatch for example). If it has, use them.

	Cool. I haven't stumbled across tmpwatch before. That looks really
handy!

	Do you know of any existing utilities that can remove files based
on disk usage rather than last accessed time? Or rather a combination of
those two things -- i.e. I want to say "delete the oldest files in this
directory until the directory usage (or perhaps quota usage?) is below this
number"? I can whip one up something in perl without too much trouble, but
if there is already something out there that will work, it will save some
time.

	---Larry

| Larry Coffin, G.P.H.                                     Watertown, MA |
| http://www.PointInfinity.com/lcoffin/        lcoffin@PointInfinity.com |
| http://www.whosmytwin.com                    Find your long lost twin! |

Drive defensively.  Buy a tank.

-