httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Fleck <fleck...@umn.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2 SSL Problem
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 16:51:49 GMT
[Followup thread to "Apache 2 VirtualHost and SSL" with new corrected
info. I've tried to get more specific in asking for help.]

I'm looking for help in serving pages via SSL.

I'm using Apache 2.x running on Linux 9. Using name-based virtual
hosting and understand I can only have a single SSL virtual host.

SSL is working and the server is listening on port 443. I've
confirmed this with the curl tool and with netstat. The curl tool
actually returns my index page.

curl also generates log entries in "ssl_access_log" and "ssl_request_log."

But if I try to access the server with a browser, using an "https"
url, the connection is refused and nothing is logged.

Here's a brief summary of my setup. The port 80 sites are serving
with no problem.

Main/default ServerName designation is www.cancer.umn.edu. This is
also listed as ServerName for one of the virtual sites. AND it's the
ServerName for the secure virtual site. Could this cause a problem.

I do have "NameVirtualHost 160.94.109.179:80" and then list the
Virtual sites using IPs and ports as suggested on this list. So two
VirtualHosts are 160.94.109.179:80 with two different ServerNames and
the third is 160.94.109.179:443 with the 'www.cancer.umn.edu'
ServerName specified.

One more thing, when I restart Apache, the following error is
generated in "ssl_error_log." Since I generated my own certificate
and key for testing, I thought it might have to do with that.

[warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints:
CA == TRUE !?)

Thanks.
--
Peter Fleck
Webmaster | University of Minnesota Cancer Center