httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] The ever returning error: client stopped connection before send mmap completed
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:02:32 GMT

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Wouter van Vliet wrote:
> I run this website (www.comicstripshop.com, in Dutch), totally written in
> Perl, apache interfaced with mod_perl and my error_log keeps getting filled
> with error messages that I do not know a cause nor cure for. Basically it's
> this three:
>
> [Fri Oct 31 12:45:56 2003] [info] [client xxx.xxx.xx.xx] (104)Connection
> reset by peer: client stopped connection before send mmap completed
> [Fri Oct 31 12:01:11 2003] [info] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xx] read request line
> timed out

Notice these are not errors.  They are "info".  See the LogLevel directive
to find out how to select what you want to see in the error log.

These messages are perfectly normal.  They simply mean that the client
aborted either while reading the response (first case) or while sending
the request (second case).  If you have MANY of these, it could indicate
that your pages are slow to load, so clients get borred and click
elsewhere.  Otherwise, they are nothing to worry about.

> [Fri Oct 31 11:54:54 2003] null: Database handle destroyed without explicit
> disconnect at /home/comics/comicstripshop.com/lib/SQL.pm line 56.

This is the standard error output of your script.  It is not generated by
apache.

Joshua.