httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Userdir tilde sign, different dirs, etc. - fixed
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:35:28 GMT

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Jaka Erjavec wrote:

> I tried this "prg:" option first with some perl script and it worked
> fine, but slow.
>
> Now I asked a friend of mine to rewrite  (I am not a C programmer at
> all) that perl script in C for better performance, but now we just can
> not get it to return the local path result to Apache.
> In rewrite log file it gets only to:
> -----------
> applying pattern '^/([a-z0-9]+)(.*)' to uri '/jakae'
> ------------
>
> I was wondering if somebody might already have some example C program
> that works in this case.

The script just needs to take input on stdin and write it to stdout.  Make
sure everything is non-buffered, and you shouldn't have a big problem.

But I'm guessing that C won't fix the bottleneck.

It could be that you are running into a problem because all the apache
processes share the same RewriteMap program.  Hence there could be a
backlog waiting for that program to be free.

You'd need to do some careful performance measurement to see if that is
the problem.

Joshua.