httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite + ProxyPassReverse
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:30:20 GMT

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, Pedro Salazar wrote:
> Below, I redirect everything that arrives to /tst/ngincard_06/ to the
> same server on port 9080 without the prefix "/tst/".
>
> RewriteRule ^/tst/ngincard_06/(.*)
> http://%{SERVER_NAME}:9080/ngincard_06/$1 [L,P]
>
> It works just fine, however, when the application code on the server
> makes a redirect, the client will receive the url in 9080 port which is
> unavailable to the client. So, I have to use the ProxyPassReverse but I
> it's not working...
>
> ProxyPassReverse :9080/ngincard_06/ :80/tst/ngincard_06/
>
> My problem is how to say that only the redirect location on port 9080
> should be replaced to /tst/ngincard_06/ on port 80.

That doesn't seem like the correct syntax for ProxyPassReverse.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypassreverse

I'd guess something like this would be closer:
ProxyPassReverse /tst/ngicard_06/ http://hostname.example.com:9080/ngincard_06/

Note that ProxyPassReverse can't do the %{SERVER_NAME} variable
substitution, so you need to include the literal name there.

Joshua.