httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] build apache2 with *ALL* modules?
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2003 12:31:51 GMT

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Pedro Salazar wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm trying to build apache with all modules, however in the configure
> output, I saw that only a few modules are enabled. For instance, the
> "all" option enable only a few of them but others no.

Two points here:

1. Some modules, you really don't want to enable, unless you are doing
development of apache modules.  For example, mod_example and mod_case_*,
are really no good to anyone in a production system.

2. Yes, there are some modules that might be usefull in a production
system that aren't included in "all".  I agree this is silly.  You need to
enable them specifically with --enable-mods-shared="disk_cach mem_cache
etc".

Joshua.