httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib Ali <sa...@seagate.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache in big sites
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:55:53 GMT
What OS and platform are you planning to use. Usually it is the function
of the SMP capable OS to distribute processes/thread to the CPUs.

Have you looked into the option of having a cluster environment of the
quad/dual HYPERthreading CPUs, instead of 1 server with 12 processors?

I having tried HYPERthreading CPUs with SMP Linux Kernel and Apache 2.x.
Works quite well. But I have not tried 12 processors systems.

Saqib Ali
---------
http://validate.sourceforge.net <--- XHTML/HTML/DocBook Validator