httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib Ali <sa...@seagate.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Server Cert Question.
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 14:55:42 GMT
When you receive a Digital Certificate from a CA, they have an extension
of .crt , that is your Certificate File

Certificate Key File is your Private Key. This is one Private Key that you
generated while creating a Certificate Signing Request.

You can verify if you Digital Certificate (from entrust) is valid or not
by using:
# openssl verify <filename>.crt

or if you want to look at the contents of the certificate:
# openssl x509 -text -in <filename>.crt

I would start by looking at the output of the above 2 commands.
Note: You CN (common name) frm the output of the 2nd command should match
the domain name (FQDN) of the server where you are trying to install the
certificate.

Saqib Ali
---------
http://www.xml-dev.com