httpd-users mailing list archives

From carlo.montan...@t-systems.it
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 256 file descriptor max?
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:53:35 GMT
"John P. Dodge" wrote:

>For Solaris there is a system parameter you can set in /etc/system.
>set rlim_fd_max = 4096
>set rlim_fd_cur = 2048
>You will need to do a reconfigure boot after modifying /etc/system.
>either:
>touch /reconfigure
>reboot
>or
>reboot -- -r

Thanks for your response, but this isn't a problem with the kernel, it
deals with library routines like fopen().
If I write a program which open()s 1000 files and I execute it from a user
with ulimit -n 1000, it works correctly; but the same program, in the same
environment, fails when I substitute open() with fopen()