httpd-users mailing list archives

From "giuseppe sarno" <giusa...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache + multiple Web Container
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:31:51 GMT
Hi,
I'm new to the web server world and particularly to Apache but
I have an Important question to ask (I checked the FAQ  but I couldn't find
any):

I know that Apache Web Server communicates with a Web Container (like
Tomcat, Bobcat "Rogue C++ Implementation" or any J2EE web container (Oc4j
the Oracle implemetation for example)) using modules (that talks AJP13).

So it seems to me that there should be no problem to install and configure
two or more different modules to communicate with different Web Container,
So that we have a unique web server been able to talk to different Web
Container.

                                    APACHE
                   mod_tom   mod_oc4j   .....
                 TOMCAT          OC4J      BOBCAT ......

Do you see any problem or limitation in this ?

Could please anyone help me out on this?
This is quite important for me to take some decision.

Thanks in advance.

Giuseppe.