httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nigel Peck - MIS Web Design" <ni...@miswebdesign.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite RewriteRule
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:46:49 GMT
If I do the following (pseudo) rules in mod_rewrite I get an endless loop:

Rewrite /forumX/           viewforum.php?f=X  [L]
Rewrite viewforum.php?f=X  /forumX/           [L,R]

Shouldn't the second rule be ignored when forumX is called because of the L flag? Or once
the rule has been applied is the URL then run through the rules again? Is there a flag to
say "last call and don't start again for the new url"?

What I want is to have a transparent redirect for formX to viewforum.php?f=X and a location
(browser) redirect to forumX for direct calls to viewforum.php.

Is there a way to do this through some flag or other?

Cheers
Nigel