httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] need help with ip addr not resolving to www name.
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 12:02:00 GMT

The 302 is the HTTP status code. Here's a good definition of these: http://www.december.com/html/spec/httpstat.html.
In this case, 302 is a redirection message.

The 318 is not a code, it's the number of bytes in the response. 318 bytes is quite small
but typical of the short redirection message your server sent.

Returning to the problem, since your browser fails to load anything, the redirection address
must be wrong. You should feel happy - you've got it half-working :-)

To proceed, you need to see what's wrong with the redirection address.

- what does the browser address change to (it should change to the new address when redirected)?
- what have you defined in the "Redirect" directive in your config?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle