httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Redirecting doors for the APACHE
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 07:04:34 GMT

Is this your problem:
- you have defined some virtual hosts (VH)
- when you try to access the VHs, you always get the default Apache
page?

Taking a wild guess, some things to check:

- do you have "NameVirtualHost" defined? (best to use NameVirtualHost
*).
- How do you specify your VHs? (best to use <VirtualHost *>, do not use
<VirtualHost www.mysite.com> etc..)

The point is that your VH directives must be set with the real IP
address of the apache server (i.e. 192.168.0.2) and not with the public
IP. Because of the NAT in the FW, apache doesn't know anything about the
public addresses.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>It's server running Apache version 1.3.28 (and yes, already it is with
>the updates of security).
>
>The iptables rules to redirect are:
>
>iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp -s 0/0 -d 1.2.3.4 --dport 80 \
>        -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.2:80
>
>Please, I know that I am asking for very, but need a half
>solution that urgent.
>
>Best regards.
>
>Thank's
>
>[]'s