httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] multiple web servers on same box
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:36:33 GMT

Absolutely. The TCP frame (containing the port number) is inside the IP
packet which contains the IP address. So the IP address supersedes the
port and there will be no conflict - from a TCP/IP point-of-view, your
15 IPs look like 15 separate machines.

>The reason for this is that I have a bunch of ssl certs
>already installed
>for a few sites under IIS.  I don't want to pay for a new
>cert.  But I want
>to migrate to Apache.

Errr... the certificate is site-specific (i.e. it is tied to
www.yoursite.com) but it is not webserver or platform specific. You can
just serve the same cert from apache and it should work fine (it's only
an ascii file, after all).

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>I guess its implied that I am running a
>MS system, Windows 2000 Server to be exact.
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Thanks
>--
>Chris Edwards