httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite question
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:30:52 GMT

Well... only if dummy.server.com points to xxx.server.com in DNS. The
point about the default VH in the original example I gave is that it is
not supposed to be the ServerName of a real host. For simplicity, it is
better if the ServerName DOES NOT match a real hostname in DNS.

BTW; I get the uneasy feeling that the original poster does not really
understand how DNS and apache interact. Do you (Milan Reznicek)
understand that it is DNS and not apache that defines the IP address for
all the variant Hostnames of your site?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Regards,