httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] About one Apache child crashes per day - how to track the problem down
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 08:12:38 GMT

Signal 11 is "Resource temporarily unavailable" (see
/usr/include/sys/errno.h) but that doesn't get us very far...

Maybe cross-check the access log to see if you can see what request
caused the daemon to die. You might be able to narrow it down to a
particular function call.

Otherwise... dodgy disk, memory? Any other applications suffering like
this?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>This is Apache 1.3.27 with the Frontpage extension (no other
>extensions)
>running on FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE.  Apache was installed from
>FreeBSD ports.
>
>This is the first time I've used the Frontpage extensions.  Are they
>known to cause Apache worker processes to crash?  I've seen
>these messages
>on other system, but never with the consistency with which these are
>showing up.  I increased the logging level, but he httpd-error.log
>doesn't have anything additional in it.
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>--
>Bill Moran