httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache checking
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 08:01:26 GMT

Do you mean from the client? Then no. If you could do this, it would be
a big security hole! Apache does not reveal any details of the
underlying filesystem to the client.

However, if you have access to the server, there are a couple of ways
you can see this:

- "ps -ef" will show the command that started apache. If you started
apache with a "-f" to specify the path to httpd.conf, then you might see
it here, e.g. "/usr/sbin/httpd -f /etc/httpd.conf"

- Use "ps" to identify the apache binary (e.g. /usr/sbin/httpd), then
execute it with "-V". This will output a number of statics which were
compiled into the binary. The path to the default config is found from
the concatenation of HTTPD_ROOT and SERVER_CONFIG_FILE.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>Another case is if in a system contains two or more
>httpd.conf. One is in /etc/httpd.conf, another is in
>/usr/local/apache/conf, etc. How do I programmatically
>find the one which is used by the running apache?
>It will be great if I can reconfigure the apache
>without knowing the location of httpd.conf. Moreover,
>without the need of restarting the apache. :)
>Thanks in advance. Any reply is appreciated.
>

>regards,
>

>Aldian

>http://shopping.yahoo.com

views of the sender's company.