httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rafael Faura" <rfa...@bassy.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Question about 'Parent Directory' link on Apache 2.0.47 dynamic listings
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:36:12 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Andersson [mailto:robert@profundis.nu]
Sent: jueves, 30 de octubre de 2003 6:13
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Question about 'Parent Directory' link on Apache
2.0.47 dynamic listings

Rafael Faura wrote:
> CAE
> |
> |_ Updates
>    |_ Old
>

> I want that 'Updates' and 'Old' listings have a 'Parent Directory'
> link on top (as usual) but i don't want that 'CAE' listing show that
> 'Parent Directory' link.

It seems you're out of luck. You can disable the parent entry by using
"IndexIgnore ..", but as far as I can see, there is no way "unignore" it.

mod_autoindex is intentionally not very flexible, because what it does is
soo simple. If you really don't want the parent entry in the listing, you
can make a Perl or PHP script rather quick, that behaves and look exactly
like you want.

Regards,
Robert Andersson

Well, seems like I should learn some PHP and Perl to make such script,
anyway thanks for your reply. Maybe a little suggestion for future
Apache/mod_autoindex versions: allow to put 'Parent Directory' link per
directory instead how is done now (parent entry always appears):)

Regards,
Rafael Faura