httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dave [Hawk-Systems]" <d...@hawk-systems.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] SSL on Virtual Hosts
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 01:39:25 GMT
>Maybe I should explain the enviroment a little more.  It is ok if it
>creates a certificate error.  We are only using a self signed certificate
>for the time being.  Our main concern is that we only want ssl active on a
>specific virual host.  No matter what i do, we can still access the server
>via ssl on an configured VH.
>
>I only want vh.myserver.com to have ssl access.

you have to move that virtual host off to its own unique ip:port combination.
the secure layer kicks in before any name based directives, and will operate
based on the IP:port that matches the request.  any domain that resolves to the
same IP address as your ssl settings will have access to the ssl certificate,
since the conenction is made, vertificates swapped, then it checks for
directories, matches, etc...

Apache2 may change this, don't know, havn't gone there yet, but that has been
the way it is in 1.3 for some time.

Dave