httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Fenderbosch, Eric" <Eric.Fenderbo...@fedex.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Referrer Behind Proxy
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 13:27:18 GMT
I checked the FAQ, searched the 2003 archives and google'd this quickly, but I didn't find
what I'm looking for.
We are using Apache to proxy to our J2EE application server.  Somehow, we are losing all referrer
information in the proxy.  If we check the HTTP Referrer anywhere in the appserver, it always
points to the IP address of our Apache proxy.  Is this a common problem and I just missed
the answer in the FAQ/archives?  Regardless, if someone could point me to some tips/tricks
or a how-to so that we can preserve the referrer information through the proxy, it would be
appreciated.

Thanks.

Eric