httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ian Huynh" <i...@hubspan.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache hangs when getting pages from win2k
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:17:35 GMT
we have 2.0.47 in wkn2k server, using localhost as well as 127.0.0.1 in httpd.conf
and not seeing that behavior.

are u sure your dns or hosts file or lmhosts aren't messing things up?

http://localhost:809) I immediately get, as expected, a server not found error
> The one thing I do dread trying is removing McAfee, because if that doesn't help, re-installing
it will be a major pain (plus, the removal may not fix any damage already done, based on some
info I found on the net, about corrupted tcp/ip stack, plus, it was apparently fixed in apache
version 2.0.44).

> Does anyone know the solution to this, or other things I can try to figure out the problem?
I think perhaps there's something not setup right in "Internet Options", perhaps security
levels or WINS? I don't know much about those so it's hard to know what to look for. Thanks
for any info,

--
Dan T.
Cavecreek Systems Administration Team

24 hour technical support
support@cavecreek.net
480.449.7750

We welcome feedback on your customer service experience.
Please send a message to qc@cavecreek.net