httpd-users mailing list archives

From "MW Mike Weiner (5028)" <MWei...@ag.com>
Subject [users@httpd] SSL problems on sun
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:54:34 GMT
I am trying to get openssl/mod_ssl running on an apache server on a sun box.
Apache works fine, and starts up without ssl with no issues. I try to enable
ssl, and call a cert within the conf file and receive the following error in
the logfile:

[Tue Oct 14 14:43:42 2003] [error] mod_ssl: Init: Failed to generate
temporary 512 bit RSA private key (OpenSSL library error follows)
[Tue Oct 14 14:43:42 2003] [error] OpenSSL: error:24064064:random number
generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not seeded
[Tue Oct 14 14:43:42 2003] [error] OpenSSL: error:04069003:rsa
routines:RSA_generate_key:BN lib

Interestingly enough we have egd running, so I am not sure why openssl is
barking about prng .. Is this configurable?

What is actually causing this error? Is it the lack of entropy? How can I
fix the errors as stated above?

Michael Weiner