httpd-users mailing list archives

From "URLTrak Support" <urlt...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] "Too many connections" error fix?
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2003 05:49:02 GMT
Hello,

I run Apache with PHP and MySQL on a RedHat 7.2 box with 1GB Ram @ 2GHZ
(p4). 80 GB IDE hd. 700 GB monthly bandwidth.

I last increased my max connections to 500. That seemed to fix things for a
while. Now I am getting the problems (database freezing up because too many
connections) again. The site I run is pretty high traffic.

I switched from using pconnect for the last year to connect. This did not
solve the problem. So I
do not thing pconnect vs connect is the issue. I believe some proper
configuration of
the httpd.conf and my.cnf files will cure this problem.

(Update: I just set max_connections to 600 tonight. Will have to wait to see
if that helps any.)

My apache shows (which were the defaults):
MaxClients 150
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100

I wondered if anyone encountered a solution to handle this sort of problem.

TIA!
--
Nicole
aeontrek.com