httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher D. Harrison" <charri...@doit.wisc.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: .htaccess problem preventing execcgi
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 18:39:43 GMT

I have a problem whereby I need all the options that allowoverride
options will give me.   However, I would like to restrict access so not
all the options are available via a .htacess file.   Here is the
situation.
Say I have someone post a script to the server.   I have to be able to
say that the script will not run unless it is explictly turned on in
the apache configs.   However, I would like to give the same person
(and others) the ability to turn on directory browsing to a given
directory, or setup a redirect to a given url.
	-Chris