httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Victor B. Gonzalez" <apacheusergr...@vbgunz.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to make two directories share one url?
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 22:55:38 GMT
Hello Apache Users,

I would like to make one directory on my machine share the htdocs
directory... In other words I do not wish to put some content directly
into the htdocs directory but would like that content to be accessible
through the htdocs directory.

I.e. htdocs currently has four files in it. Another directory called
webroot has four files in it. It would be nice if a person can reach
all files through one path...

      www.shareddocs.com/1.php  (htdocs)
      www.shareddocs.com/2.php  (htdocs)
      www.shareddocs.com/3.php  (htdocs)
      www.shareddocs.com/4.php  (htdocs)
      www.shareddocs.com/5.php  (webroot)
      www.shareddocs.com/6.php  (webroot)
      www.shareddocs.com/7.php  (webroot)
      www.shareddocs.com/8.php  (webroot)

Is this safe and wise? I am not trying to run a virtual host but am
curious if this is at all possible? I am a single user (not a web
host) and if this is possible may some one please help me out a bit :)

I've tried alias and looked at aliamatch but I am not at all fair with
regex and the such. Also, I thought maybe looking into the virtual
host might help but I am not trying to host others... What is the
single user solution for this?

Thank you for your time on reading this. I thank you again.

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

apache_2.0.46-win32-x86-no_src
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1