httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Denise Mangano" <Deni...@complusdata.com>
Subject [users@httpd] [SOLVED] RE: [users@httpd] Making a URL connection to my domain
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 19:47:20 GMT
Well this is strange... Just for fun I tried various pages throughout my
site via localhost, and finally I got a response from one of them ... So
I tried the script that is the whole reason for my attempt to connect,
and I get a response... Not the one I want, but a response just the
same.  But no connections can be made through the domain name ... Only
localhost, and only some files.

Not sure whats going on, but as long as I can connect to the file I need
- I'll take it.  Are there any security issues in having my java app
make a URLConnection to localhost?

Thanks again for your help.
Denise

-----Original Message-----
From: Denise Mangano
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 2:36 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Making a URL connection to my domain

Here's another strange thing:

When I try to make the connection to either www.mywebsite.com or
localhost, the program hangs.

When I try http://localhost/ANYTHING - I get a FileNotFoundException and
I see the following in my error_log: [Tue Oct  7 14:31:16 2003] [error]
[client 127.0.0.1] File does not
exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/ANYTHING
[Tue Oct  7 14:31:24 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not
exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/ANYTHING.HTML

When I try http://www.mywebsite.com/ANYTHING - the program hangs - and
there are no entries in my error_log.

When I try any web page on the server (i.e. http://localhost/index.html
or http://localhost/demo/index.html) the program hangs.