httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Denise Mangano" <Deni...@complusdata.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Making a URL connection to my domain
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:20:17 GMT
Hi all,

I'm not really sure if this is an Apache issue - but I'm posting this
question to lists for all s/w involved (RH Linux 7.3, Apache 1.3.28,
Tomcat 4.1, Java)....

I have my apache server running on my linux box, and it is serving up
web pages no problem.  I wrote a program in Java that runs through the
Tomcat portion of the site.  In this Java program I make a URL
connection a script on my server.  When I make this connection from any
other workstation I get a response.  However, when I run the program and
attempt to make the connection from the server itself to the domain
name, the program hangs...

Is there anything in Apache that would keep my web server from going out
to the internet, only to come back in and make a request? Please let me
know if I need to explain further.

Thanks.
Denise