httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Morris <aaronmor...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache / Websphere Open HTTP connection failed
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 04:04:30 GMT

Sternbergh, Cornell wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> First, my apologies if this seems to be on the wrong list.  I've got a bit of a problem
with an Apache/Websphere combination, and have no clue what I'm doing regarding Apache and
Websphere.  I'm hoping that someone can offer a solution, or at least point me in the direction
of one.

> Short version:
> Our site works just fine using Domino and Websphere application server.  It doesn't work
with about 1% of our users when we run it with an Apache server instead of Domino.

> The problem is Applets not loading, the exceptions we're getting are:
>   "EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream",
>   "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException" and
>   "java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed"
>
> Server is running Win2K, Websphere 4.something (4.2, I think) and the Apache is the IBM
HTTP Server that came with Websphere (again I don't know the version).

> Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Cornell Sternbergh
> PennDOT/BIS

Probably not going to be much help here, but here it goes.

Make sure you have a reasonably recent WebSphere plugin for Apache
(efixes are available for versions 4.0.2 and newer).  Also make sure you
have regenerated the plugin configuration on the web server.

Franky, this does not sound like an Apache problem although a
misconfiguration could possibly cause this.  There are so many variables
with your setup, it is nearly impossible to diagnose with email.

Also, this maybe a little nitpicky, but I believe WAR stands for Web
Application Resource.