httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Klein <mikekl...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache fails to do it's job properly
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2003 20:55:53 GMT
With the # of people using Apache successfully (& behind firewalls!),
and given it's general quality overall, etc. etc. you really should
think before phrasing your subject as you did.

You should've stated "I failed to do my job properly"...or "Problems
with apache behind firewall".

A simple test is to try a telnet to port 80 (not from the server running
apache) and see if telnet activates or hangs with no connection
available. You might also want to check your apache logs when trying to
request a page.

To paraphrase a recent saying "It's the firewall stupid".

ZoneAlarm is an excellent program and I have no problems using Apache
with it on my windows laptop (only for dev't purposes I assure
you...real stuff is run on Linux).

mike