httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Bissmire <pb...@onetel.net.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] big5 charset not displayed automatically
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 05:37:00 GMT
Hi Michael,

I think you may find this is not a server problem.
I did have a charset problem. The wrong characters
were displayed (like before you specified Big5).

What you are complaining about, with childish
characters, sounds more like a representation/display
problem. That's the job of your browser.

Is there a problem with the way fonts are specified
in the html? The browser could be using a default font
because it cannot understand the font spec. after the
charset change - for some crazy reason.

It is true that Apache 2 has become strict over
charset specs. Version 1.3 was "sloppier".

Peter