httpd-users mailing list archives

From Carl Brewer <c...@vivitec.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] apache 2.0.47 - SERVER_NAME values with server aliases
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2003 03:46:52 GMT

Hello,

We've just discovered something that seems different
between apache 1 and apache 2 (!).

We use errordocuments that run scripts to log errors
and process them, and we rely on the value of
SERVER_NAME passed to the scripts from httpd.

With apache 1.3, SERVER_NAME is the actual server name,
as defined in a virtualhost directive, but we're
seeing SERVER_NAME in 2.0.47 as the server alias that
the site was connected to as.

This isn't what we want, as it creates a maintenance issue
for us.  We log our site errors to the server_name, and the
aliases are for convenience.

Has anyone seen this before, and knows if I need to set some
variable to get the behaviour we expect?

thanks

Carl

--
Vivitec Pty. Ltd.