httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Bissmire <pb...@onetel.net.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Automatically Starting Apache
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2003 20:24:20 GMT
Sounds a bit fishy.
It is certainly true that there is something to set up Apache as a service.
Older versions of 1.3.xx came with a separate little
program, "Install Apache as a Service".
This is now part of the install package.
Presumably this calls regsrv32.exe with, I guess, libhttpd.dll as argument.
With standard network cards, my experience says you should
have no problem.
I'm afraid I haven't tried Apache on my laptop
to see how it interacts with a WiFi card.
That just about exhausts my competence to comment.

Peter