httpd-users mailing list archives

From BAO RuiXian <ruixian....@pp.inet.fi>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Browser access to Apache on W2k hangs.
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:18:22 GMT

Llelan D. wrote:

>> Checking child.c, I see that the WinSock AcceptEx is failing with a
>> WSAEINVAL error (proved with a little code poking). I do not know if
>> this is an actual error condition, or just a kludgy clean-up from the
>> file transmission.
>

> <sigh> Sorry, cut and pasted the wrong error message. It fails with
> WSAENOTSOCK.

Interesting. You could even made mistakes by cut-and-paste:)

Okay, I have given it a search on google by the string "An operation was
attempted on something that is not a socket". This particular message
can result from two situations:

	1. Apache 2.0.43 with McAfee Firewall. Since you run with Apache 2.047,
so it is out of question. Because it is said the problem was fixed in
Apache 2.044.

	2. If you have a IP address from Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
(DHCP) server, and you have a third party product installed on your
computer and also run the commands 'ipconfig', 'release' and 'renew',
your windows sockets registry entries may be corrupted.

Based on your claim, you can still run IIS on port 80 fine, I can't say
your sockets registry entries totally corrupted, but, I still think it
is somehow related to your port/socket. Maybe you still can try to
change the port 80 to 8100 in your config to see what happend. In case
it is your socket registry entries corrupted, see the following link how
to repair it:

	http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBN/tip6600/rh6613.htm

Good luck

Bao