httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Klein <mikekl...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap, DN and AUTHENTICATE_UID
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2003 02:30:37 GMT
Ace Suares wrote:

>>This still doesn't explain the value (or lack thereof) of AUTHENTICATE_UID
>>

>You are right!
>

>>When I searched apache2 and php sources (and my various
>>mod_auth_ldap/etc. implementations) I could NOT find a single reference
>>to the var.
>>

>Me neither. I am not sure if it's coming from mod_auth_ldap or from somewhere
>else.
>

>>The docs you point to only mention that REMOTE_USER var will be updated
>>based upon obtained ldap info...
>>

>That was teh solution to my *problem*. But the *mystery* (about
>AUTHENTICATE_UID) remains!
>Do you get this variable when you look at php_info() ?
>
>_Ace
>

>>So what gives?!?

It's not present on my server (which runs php4...but not auth_ldap of
any kind).

It would seem like an important var to know about...and it is wierd that
google returns nothing on it.

You should comment out a few modules in your apache and see which is
definining it...might be something important you can use.